Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Windy Days and Bug Journals

Neither of us felt very crafty today. We played games and read books, but we didn't really "craft" together. Even so, I have some things to share.

Bug Journal
Ladybug likes to search the backyard over for bugs. Unfortunately (fortunately??) we don't seem to find very many, but when we do, we grab the camera, take a picture, and then draw it. So here are some pages from her "bug journal." I'm not sure where she learned to do this (my money is on Nick Jr) but it keeps her entertained for a long time and has led to some conversations about the balance of nature (in 4 year old speak, of course!) since she thinks she should "smoosh" every bug after she sees it.

I love her snail!

And remember the kite she made? It was windy enough today that Ladybug decided to take it outside. I didn't want to discourage her, but I couldn't see how her kite could possibly be aerodynamic. Well, it won't ever soar like a regular kite, but it definitely fluttered in the wind! She tied it to the top of the swingset and it blew in the breeze (kind of like a wind sock). I'm always impressed at her determination and ingenuity!
So...crafts from today? Well, she made something, but she made me promise I couldn't tell Daddy since it's for him...and since I'm fairly certain he's the only one reading this lil ol blog right now, I can't share yet!

Enjoying the summer,
~Jana~


1 comment:

  1. Cody & I took a pic for your girl of what I have dubbed a "Red Raider Grasshopper" out at CCCC yesterday! He's black with some red on him ~ I've never seen one of them before!

    ReplyDelete